Published on November 23, 2012
Jonathan Bobaljik will give a colloquium talk "Beyond superlatives
" at Yale University on Nov 26, 2012.
Published on November 15, 2012
Diane Lillo-Martin is an invited speaker at the Expert Workshop A shared LMF core for sign language lexicons
, November 29-30, 2012, Nijmegen.
Published on November 8, 2012
Published on November 7, 2012
Upcoming talks at UUSLAW 2012
, UMass, Amherst, Nov 10, 2012:
- Lyn Tieu & Troy Messick: Which reading of both both’s do adults prefer?
- Kathryn Davidson, Corina Goodwin & Diane Lillo-Martin: Language transfer in ASL/English Bimodal Bilingual children with CI’s
- Lyn Tieu:...
Published on November 2, 2012
Gísli Rúnar Harðarson will present his paper Layers, hierarchies and recursion in Icelandic compounds
at the 9th Workshop on Syntax and Semantics
, Siena, November 15-16, 2012.
Published on October 29, 2012
Klaus Abels' (UConn 2003) book "Phases: An essay on cyclicity in syntax
" has appeared in the de Gruyter series Lingusitische Arbeiten
The minimalist notion of a phase has often been investigated with...
Published on October 22, 2012
Upcoming talks and posters at the 37th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development (BUCLD37)
, Boston University, Nov 2-4, 2012:
- Corina Goodwin: Vocabulary development in a bimodal bilingual child
- Troy Messick: Floating Quantification in Child Grammar
- Marie Coppola, Deanna Gagne, Ann...
Published on October 17, 2012
Welcome Tamara Cohen!
We are pleased to welcome Tamara Cohen, our new program assistant, to the department.
Published on October 12, 2012
Upcoming talks and poster presentations at the Hispanic Linguistics Symposium 2012 (HLS)
, Oct. 25-28, University of Florida:
- Mary Goodrich: Child root infinitives and obligatory infinitive raising in Spanish
- Jelena Runić: PCC repairs in Spanish — Feature hierarchy and late insertion
Published on October 8, 2012
Upcoming poster presentations at NELS43
, October 19-21, 2012, CUNY, New York:
- Jelena Runić: A new look at argument ellipsis — Evidence from Slavic (Alternate talk)
- Susi Wurmbrand (with Artemis Alexiadou & Elena Anagnostopoulou): Movement vs. long distance Agree in raising...